Courtney Update--March 12, 2010
We have forwarded on to Jason all of the get well wishes from the HGF family. Thank you for the immense outpouring of concern and prayers for Courtney and her family. She is loved all over the world. We can give you this brief update:
Courtney remains in the ICU at St. Mary's Hospital in West Palm Beach, resting comfortably. She is still unresponsive, but everyday there is more positive news about her condition. Her MRI earlier this week ruled out any additional injuries or post-injury complications, which was fantastic news! Her swelling is minimal and never became a risk factor following her arrival at the hospital--also very good news. The breathing tube has been removed and, although she now has a tracheostomy, she breathes on her own for a good amount of time every day, her color has improved and she is resting much more comfortably. Additionally, she has started to make some very small neurological signs of improvement that are becoming more apparent every day. Currently, it can be said that the depth of her unconsciousness appears to be decreasing slowly but steadily. She has taken no steps backwards! We remain patient in our hopes that she takes all the time she needs for her injuries to heal, while we wait with anticipation for her waking. Her immediate family and closest friends have been sitting with her daily and reading as many as she can handle of the hundreds of emails and letters she's received over the last eight days. Her husband Jason is holding up well and managing all of the responsibilities that have suddenly come up, with the help of Courtney's mentor Lendon Gray. Courtney's assistant Jen is keeping up all of the barn and training responsibilities and making plans for their move back to New York when Courtney is ready.
Grandioso has come back to HGF in Wellington for the time being. Maria will keep Grandioso and Cuatrero fit for Courtney, under the watch of Lendon Gray, for as long as it takes Courtney to recover and return to riding.
We will do our best to update you on Courtney's progress as time goes on. Next week we will report on our recent shows and other activities.
- Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays 2010....
- Meet Mica Mabragana
- Hampton Green Farm in the News
- SICAB REPORT 2010
- Giving Thanks for a Record Sales Season at Hampton Green Farm
- Spanish National Championships and Arrival in Malaga of HGF Horses
- HGF November 2010 Schedule
- Encanto XI and Daniel Martin are Intermediare I Champions of Andalucia
- Hampton Green Farm Sponsor's New Radio Program, Dover's World Live!
- Decoroso HGF
- In Memoriam Cantora XVI, 1995-2010
- Season of Change
- Courtney Dye Visits HGF and Grandioso
- USDF Region Two Championships Results
- Join HGF in Traverse City at the Region Two Championship Freestyles Fundraiser for Dressage4Kids!
- Robert Dover Finds His FIERO at Hampton Green Farm
- The End of Summer 2010
- Hampton Green Farm's auction Wrap-Up
- The Hampton Green Farm Top Ten Herd Reduction Sale--and Benefit for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Lake Shore--is Here!
- The Annual HGF Open House is Back!
- August Dates--Set Your Calendar!
- Traverse City Success Stories!
- HGF Launches Site for the Top Ten Herd Reduction Sale
- July News
- New Training Blog by Maria Lithander
- Register NOW to Join HGF in Traverse City at the Dressage by the Bay Breed Show--July 11
- HGF Summer Plans
- Summer Training Package Available
- Update to Accomplishments of HGF Offspring
- Why Buy a Young Horse from HGF?
- Wellington Show Report
- Courtney Update--March 12, 2010
- Courtney Dye suffered an accident
- Winter News Letter
- HGF Tops the National Boards at Wellington Classic Spring Challenge CDI
- Winter 2010 Horses for Sale
- Back in the Show Ring, 2010
- USPRE PRE-SHOW party 2010
- HGF 2009 - The Year in Review: Hampton Green and its PRE Horses Achieve National and International Status
- Hampton Green Farm - Lendon Gray January Clinic, Part I